Monday, August 16, 2010

Acting as a Spiritual Endeavor

Verrry tired. Soo tired, in fact, that I posted my entry for my "Lisa Allender Writes", in my "Practice What You Peace", (see entry, below).
But when I realized I'd posted here(I subsequently posted it where it belongs, at
Lisa Allender Writes, my main blog), I figured I'd share a mysterious moment, about this preparation in acting...I am:
Discovering that preparing to play a heroin-addicted mother of three girls(for a
short film, entitled "Just Us") is a spiritual endeavor.
Discovering the Mother's spiritual burdens, and my own.
I have had to release my preconceived ideas about both addiction, and what it is, to mother...in doing my research, I came across an essay written by a woman who lost her very young sister, to heroin. She commented how she'd "mothered" her sister, and how their own mother, had abandoned them. Given that my character in this film, does EXACTLY that--abandons her daughters, (because of her own descent into heroin addiction), I felt it was "destiny" for me to read her essay.
I think of it as the Universe "answering" me as I searched for words to fill my head,as my heart swells with the anger and harshness, and the incredible sense of loss I know she--the Mother I must create-- must feel.The loss of her family, her daughters, her sanity, her health--and eventually--her own life.
I posted a note--a "tribute" of sorts, at that site,to this young woman's essay and to her sister.
RIP, Ms. Kyndall Znidarsic. Much Peace to her sister, Nicole DelBuono.
Peace,kids.

11 comments:

DeadMule said...

Hi Lisa,

You can get the Nouwen devotions daily. Go to http://www.henrinouwen.org/ and sign up under Free E-Letters.

They are the same every year.

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Helen of Dead Mule--THANK YOU!! Peace to you, Helen. :)

Tecknik said...

I am Nicole DelBuono. I am glad that my sister's story has helped you. I wish I could see your film. Thanks for the peace.
All my best,
Nicole

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Nicole--You will be able to see "Just Us", the short-film in which I play a ("small, but pivotal role) heroin-addicted mother of three girls.
If you will e-mail me, I will see that you get a copy! :)
May your holidays be filled with Peace and Love.

MadPugz said...

Hi Lisa, I am trying to get in contact with Nicole Delbuono. Her Hotmail e-mail address doesn't allow me to send her a message. Tecknik - if you get this comment I would be honored if you could contact me at madpugz@hotmail.com THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Drugs can and do lead to sickness, tragedy, and death. In Kyndall’s case it sounds like tragedy had already struck in the form of her family’s breakup. She then turned to drugs as a coping mechanism. What/who do you blame for your parent’s brake up?

Anonymous said...

Drugs can and do lead to sickness, tragedy, and death. In Kyndall’s case it sounds like tragedy had already struck in the form of her family’s breakup. She then turned to drugs as a coping mechanism. What/who do you blame for your parent’s brake up?

Unknown said...

Wow! That's a lot of information on Kyndall's website. Did you ever think about changing the names to protect the innocent? I understand that you want to help people but you threw you family and family friends under the bus to do it. The journal talks about your brother andrew and marijuana and Kyndall's friend Ken and a drug deal. There's not actually a war on drugs. There's a war on people who do drugs and people who deal drugs. Employers and law enforcement look for these kinds of things.

Unknown said...

I'm not surprised Kyndall was quiet about her personal life. She probably worried that her family would post it on the internet. Trust is important in relationships.

Tecknik said...

I had everyone's permission to post what I did and if you knew the countless emails I received from teenagers and others who had made the decision to not do drugs or to stop due to Kyndall's story, you would be shocked. Why judge?? Why must people look for controversy and 'wrong' when someone is trying to help? Think what you must. My sister's legacy is not that of a drug user but of someone who has helped many LIVE a drug free life. tecknik@gmail.com if you wish to further discuss.

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Howja like to RITE 999+ nonillion,
irresistable, bombastic, legendary
novels in Seventh-Heaven with
'moi, aussi, s'il-vous plait' in a
quaint, King-Size-Library that has
all the explosive, exhilarating
exploration AND! expectation?
Exquisite, exponentially explicit?
Extraordinary-expertise-exactly
wildchild, raw!kuss extras
for the length/breadth/width
of E T E R N I T Y ...?????

Follow us Upstairs,
miss gorgeous...